These terms and conditions are part of a legally binding agreement between GPsurgery.net and any party that subscribes to the GPsurgery.net service.
These terms and conditions are subject to regular review and amendment. The latest version will always be published on this page.
- “GPsurgery.net” is the organisation supplying the service defined in definition 3. below.
- The “client” is the individual or organisation that agrees to these terms and conditions of the service, usually a UK based General Practitioner and/or their partners and practice.
- “The service” is used to denote the supply of shared space on a computer (server) hard drive for the period covered by the current subscription. This space will be used to hold all the digital information required to publish a website that describes the client, their business and contact details. The details contained within each client’s website and the accuracy of these details is the responsibility of the client. The client’s website will be available (view only) to anybody with unrestricted internet access. The client will have access to edit the content but not the design of their website.
- “Subscription” is the amount due to be paid by the client to GPsurgery.net each year to continue to provide the service. The current amount of the subscription is published on www.gpsurgery.net.
Terms and conditions
- By accepting these terms and conditions, which is done by completing the subscription form and submitting it (you will need to confirm that you agree to these terms and conditions before being allowed to submit the form) you agree to pay GPsurgery.net the published costs and annual subscription for the first year. You will be invoiced by email after you subscribe. The full amount must be paid by cheque or electronic bank transfer within 14 days of the date of the email otherwise the client site will be removed. In this instance the client will still be liable for the initial set-up charges.
- The website will remain the property of GPsurgery.net. However the information about the client remains the property of the client. This concept has commonly been described as follows. An advert in a shop window belongs to the advertiser; the window remains the property of the shop. This clause explicitly prevents a client asking for their website to be transferred in its entirety outside the GPsurgery.net system.
- GPsurgery.net and its partners will use the subscription information provided by the client only to build and maintain the client’s website. It will not share or pass this information onto any third parties.
- GPsurgery.net will remove a client’s website at the client’s request as soon as is reasonably possible.
- GPsurgery.net can remove any site at any time without further warning if any of the following events occur:
- The client does not pay the initial setup and subscription fee within a reasonable time
- The client chooses not renew the annual subscription
- The site is found to contain material of any type that might include but is not limited to the following:
- Inappropriate content for a GP surgery website
- Defamatory words or images
- Offensive or inappropriate sexual content
- We are legally required to do so by any UK law enforcement agency e.g. The site is found to contain copyrighted material not owned by the client
- GPsurgery.net’s aim is to provide a highly professional service and it will do whatever is reasonable and within its control to correct any errors or resume the service. However, due to the nature of the internet, the service is provided “as is” without guarantee to performance or availability.
- GPsurgery.net’s liability is limited to a full refund of all unused subscription monies received should a client be dissatisfied for any reason with the service.
- GPsurgery.net and its partners are regularly reviewing the technology and fixing “bugs” in the computer programs used to publish and support the service. Unless the changes materially affect the service supplied to the client these changes will not be notified.
- GPsurgery.net cannot be held responsible for lost, damaged or undelivered emails arising from the use of the client’s GPsurgery.net website. GPsurgery.net only holds and/or displays the email addresses supplied by the client. It does not forward, manage, record or otherwise monitor this email traffic. GPsurgery.net cannot restore or recover email messages sent to the client by third parties.
- Should the client choose to publish any email address on its website or make use of the Online repeat prescription form, the client will be responsible for ensuring that the email account is properly monitored and maintained.
- If you choose to use the Repeat prescription form or any other form on your website the details submitted by a patient on the form will be sent via the
Internet. This means that complete confidentiality is not guaranteed because we cannot guarantee the security of the Internet. If you are not comfortable with this arrangement you should not publish the Repeat prescription pages. You should remove data submitted by patients in a timely fashion to ensure that it does not remain on the server for longer than is necessary to process that information.
- GPsurgery.net will respond to customer complaints or enquiries as soon as is reasonably possible within usual UK daytime working hours.
- The client indemnifies GPsurgery.net against any damages or costs arising from the use of their website and associated services.
- The client unconditionally guarantees that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks or any digital media supplied to GPsurgery.net by the client or uploaded by the client to their GPsurgery.net website are owned by the client, or that the client has permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend GPsurgery.net and Dewar Green Limited and its subcontractors from any claim or suit arising from the use of such elements furnished by the client.
- The client will use all reasonable means to protect the username and password supplied to them by GPsurgery.net from unauthorised persons. The client will notify GPsurgery.net as soon as it becomes known that this information may have been revealed to an unauthorised person. GPsurgery.net will then provide a new password and/or username if appropriate.
- If the client creates or describes a link to an external website on their own GPsurgery.net website then it is the client’s responsibility to ensure the content is appropriate and the link remains valid.
- GPsurgery.net maintains daily backups of all the client data. However the client should ensure that they backup their own information and computers regularly.
- GPsurgery.net retains the right to alter the cost of annual subscriptions. These changes will be notified by email to the client in advance and will not be made retrospectively.
- Either party may terminate this agreement and all the services provided under it without cause at any time by giving 30 days notice in writing to the currently advised contact email address and/or the currently advised postal address of the other party. GPsurgery.net will refund any unused part of the subscription fee calculated on a pro rata basis if they terminate the agreement. GPsurgery.net will not refund any unused subscription if the client terminates the agreement.
- To use the GPsurgery.net website builder and editing tools effectively we recommend that you have:
- A computer connected to the internet that is running the latest version of the Windows operating system and a modern web browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox or MS Internet Explorer (version 9+), Safari, Netscape or Opera
- or a Mac computer connected to the internet and running the OS X operating system and a modern web browser such as Safari, Google Chrome or Firefox. Unfortunately there are problems with very old Macs using the Internet Explorer web browser.
GPsurgery.net has been used successfully on other web browsers and operating systems but we cannot guarantee the level of compatibility or performance.
- If you decide to change the address of your website (the xxx part of xxx.gpsurgery.net) at a later date there will be an administration charge of £50 +vat. The old address will continue to work and will redirect visitors to the new address.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. Any clause that unintentionally breaks these laws or is deemed to be in any way ambiguous must be redrafted in agreement with both parties and in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
GPsurgery.net takes complaints very seriously. If you would like to make a complaint regarding the service we are providing, please email info@GPsurgery.net. Every effort will be made to resolve your complaint as soon as possible.