You can customise the appearance of your website to suit your practice.
There are four standard colours; Blue (default), Teal, Green, and Purple.
These colours have been chosen to match NHS identity guidelines, with ‘NHS Blue’ being the most obvious. This is the default setting for your website.
You may wish to alter the colour palette to match the identity of your practice. This is very simple to do.
- In order to make changes to your website appearance, please log in.
- Once you have successfully logged in, you will notice a black toolbar underneath the address bar. Select ‘Customise’.
- A small bar will appear on the left-hand side of your screen.
- If you select ‘Colour Scheme’, you will be able to change the colour of your website. The four default colour schemes are listed at the top.
- Alternatively, you can use the colour picker to choose a colour that more accurately represents your practice. Don’t forget to consider the needs of visually-impaired users when choosing your colours.
- Click on the blue ‘Publish’ box at the top of the bar before leaving the Customiser. This will ensure that your changes have been saved.
Changing your logo
From this bar you can also upload a logo to your website. Please note that the logo will remove the name of your practice from your header. The logo should therefore have your practice name built into it.
- As you can see here, we have replaced the name of our practice with our practice logo. The logo fits nicely within the boundaries of the header without taking over the screen. The ideal dimensions of this logo should be no larger than 350 x 120 pixels.
- If your logo is too large for your website header, doesn’t include the practice name, or isn’t otherwise suitable, you can always set it as your featured image. This can be done when managing your branch details.
- If you have chosen not to include a logo for your header, the name of your practice will be listed instead. This is where you can change your practice name, if applicable.
- You can also add a tagline. Many practices opt not to include one, but feel free to add your practice’s motto if necessary.
- The site icon is the small image that appears at the top of the browser tab, used to represent your website.
As you can see, the default image for this is the GP Surgeries logo. If your practice has a particular logo you would prefer to display instead, here is where you can change it.
This option will allow you to change the location within the United Kingdom that your practice is located. Altering this option will change the logo in the bottom right-hand corner of your website to that of the appropriate regional health authority.