The Out of Hours box is a widget designed to keep relevant information in a small, easy-to-read place, without disturbing the rest of the home page.
You may wish to edit the Out of Hours box to indicate a change in policy, or to include additional information. You can do so within your dashboard.
- In order to access the dashboard, please log in.
- Once the dashboard has loaded, you will find an option called ‘Appearance’ towards the bottom of the toolbar on the left-hand side of the screen. Once you have selected this option, please then select ‘Widgets’.
- You will be taken to a screen that looks like this. Don’t worry, it is more simple than it looks!
- You will notice that the Home-Main-Widget Right box has been highlighted. This is the default location for the Out of Hours widget.
- Select the drop down arrow for this box. This will give you more options for this widget.
- You will notice an option that reads Text: Out of Hours. Select this, and a box that looks like this will appear.
- This should contain the information that your Out of Hours box currently displays on your website. Note that the information has been written in the ‘visual’ tab. This is where you should make your edits.
- Make any necessary changes to the information, and then click on the blue ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the box to ensure that the widget updates.
- When you return to the live version of your website, you should notice that the Out of Hours box now displays the updated information.
If you find that the widget doesn’t update, or you have any queries regarding widgets and their use, feel free to contact the team on [email protected].