If it isn’t possible to add the information as text on the web page then it is possible to upload a document (eg Word or PDF). Please note that any document you upload should be accessible to visitors who require assistive technology.
- In order to add a document to your website, you will need to log in.
- Navigate to the page, news item or alert where you wish to add a document. You can edit a page through the public site using th link in the black bar at the top of the screen or using the ‘Pages’ option from the black sidebar in the Dashboard. Selecting ‘Edit Page’ will open up the editor.
- Select a place in the edit window for your document to be placed.
- Select ‘Add Media’ to open up a new window. From here you will be able to use documents that are already in your ‘Media Library’ or you can ‘Upload Files’.
- You can either drag and drop documents from your desktop into the window, or open up a file explorer to navigate through your computer.
- Once selected, your document will open a box called ‘Attachment Details’ on the right hand side of the screen. There are several options that we need to be aware of.
- ‘Title’. This is the clickable text that will display when your document is inserted into your page. Ensure that it describes the purpose of the document without going into too much detail.
- ‘Link To’. By default your document will link to its relevant media file. Please ensure that the link is not removed, otherwise visitors will not be able to access it.
Don’t forget to click on the blue ‘Insert into page’ button to ensure that your image gets added.
If you are using PDF or Word documents, please be aware that some of your visitors may not be able to access them.